We are now offering physical therapy services via Skype or Facetime. With this service, we will be able to evaluate deficits in range of motion, strength, and balance/stability, which in many cases are the underlying root cause of persistent pain.
Based on evaluation findings, corrective exercises are given and pictures/instructions are e-mailed to the patient. Typically the patient performs the home exercise routine for one week and then follow-up Skype sessions are scheduled to progress the corrective exercise program and assess progress. If you have access to the office, we can alternate between remote physical therapy and the occasional office visit for other services.
Why experience Virtual treatment?
- You have never tried physical therapy.
- You are interested in a 5 to 10 minute conversation with a Doctoral-trained physical therapist to familiarize yourself with the issue you are experiencing to decide if physical therapy is a service that you want to pursue.
- Need basic medical advice before committing to treatment.
- Attending physical therapy office visits are difficult.
- You travel out of town frequently because of work and you want consistent treatment while traveling.
What types of injuries are most successfully treated via Virtual Treatment?
Many injuries can be treated through Skype sessions, the most common are overuse injuries such as tendinitis, chronic muscle strains, and back/neck pain.
Common diagnoses include:
- Knee pain
- IT band syndrome
- Achilles tendinitis
- Hamstring strains
- Hip pain
- Shoulder tendinitis
- Bulging disks in the neck and back
- However, some injuries may require the occasional office visit, for manual interventions such as joint and soft tissue manipulation.
Who is an ideal candidate for Virtual treatment?
- Interested in the convenience of the treatment and analysis from the comfort of their own living room or office. For example, stay at home moms, working professionals, athletes, the elderly, and those with disabilities, to name a few.
- These people are often told by their local doctors or therapists they simply need to “rest” from their sport and that will take care of the problem. As mentioned above, these patients often sought treatment locally but did not have improvement.
- Going to physical therapy office visits are difficult because of your location.
- You need a second opinion from a current or previous physical therapy plan.
- You failed a previous physical therapy plan of care.
How do I set up a Virtual evaluation?
Call Metropolitan Physical Therapy 303-604-2600 and request a Skype or Facetime evaluation. You may also email our office manager, Ben, to set up a time that is convenient for you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our staff will have you fill out some brief paperwork so that we can obtain more specific details about your pain and history.
What is the cost for Virtual treatment?
Virtual treatment is a service where the first initial call of 5-10 minutes is at no cost. Each scheduled session thereafter is billed at $70/session. Private and public insurance usually does not cover these services in most plans.